Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IP Addressing Issues

Hi

I have a 2008 x64 Standard server with SP2.

I am having a strange issue with the IP addressing on the server.

If I set the IP Address to Static Addressing, the Default Gateway sets, but the IP Address and Subnet Mask resort to an automatic address (169.)

If I attempt to alter this I can, but as soon as the server reboots it reverts back to the automatic address.

I have attempted the repair network connection but to no success. I have also run a netsh winsock reset command but this hasn't made any difference.

So if anyone out there could help I would be very greatful...

Many Thanks

BlackFish

Re: IP Addressing Issues

That's strange, can you post a snapshot here, before and after a restart?
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Very wierd
      Try removing (in device manager) the NiC and letting windows re-detect and reinstall it
      Alternatively try updating NiC drivers
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I've seen something similar to that before, does the server have a Broadcom NIC?

I had this on a Dell server and the solution was browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> System -> CurrentControlSet -> Control -> Network and delete the config key and reboot the server. It was Dell support that gave me that, although it is apparently a Microsoft issue.
        BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
        sigpic
        Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Curious case... I once had the contrary: everything except the gateway was set. A reboot cured the problem though. Are you using Windows GUI to change network parameters? Have you tried WMI/PowerShell approach?
          This link can help: WMI Tasks: Networking

Comment

Working...
          X