Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query on Active Directory on Win 2008

Hi All,
    I am planning to install a new Active Directory server(on Win 200for one of my Application accross all the Environments(Prod/DR, UAT, Dev. Test.)

I have few questions regarding the deployment, I am looking for experts people advice before deploying the same.

1)For my organization i want to keep the Forest domain with me, and

2)There are couple of vendor organizations also, which i intend to put in some different domain and want to make my Org. as primary and with all powers.

what are the different considerations which i need to take care of, for achieving the best industry standard develpoment for AD.

Looking for an early reply from you expert people.

Regards,
    Rajeev

Re: Query on Active Directory on Win 2008

I strongly recommend you
    a) get some Server 2008 AD training and
    b) deploy in a test environment or
    c) hire a good consultant
    before you go live with this

Can you explain a bit more about the vendor organisations and how they fit in with your organisation?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi Ossian,
      Many thanks for your reply.
      The vendor organizations are involved in the manner of some part of work given to them.
      for an example, In an entire application, many servers are involved and interdependent, some server infrastructure is managed by them, which provides input for application and some are interconnected for providing logic also.
      The people working on this peace of work would also be a part of the org. but as a 3rd party.

Comment

OK -- I still dont understand why they need to be in separate domains and not given accounts (with limited rights and access) in a single domain
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X