daily weekly monthly maintenance dhcp servers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daily weekly monthly maintenance dhcp servers

Hi , I am currently putting together a few SOP's stand operating procedures and was looking for any good input with regards to maintenance on a DHCP server .....

Re: daily weekly monthly maintenance dhcp servers

Never had to do anything except checking there are free leases
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

occasionally, you may need to compress your database, but rarely..

I'm with ossian - check lease validity maybe one a month.
      depending on the size of your environment, check for strange looking leases, devices that don't match your environment etc.. (mine is small enough that I know roughly how many devices I should have, and know pretty quick if something looks unusual)
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Set it and forget it.

If you want you can monitor the event log. DHCP service will throw warnings there if its pool is running low.

Comment

Originally posted by Garen View Post
          Set it and forget it.

If you want you can monitor the event log. DHCP service will throw warnings there if its pool is running low.
          Agreed. The DHCP service is so robust and low maintenance that I don't do anything with it other than making sure it's backed up.

Comment

Working...
          X