Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centralized Active Directory in windows 2008

Dear All ,

Any body can help me with centralized domain contoller setup as what will be the requirements and how it works.

how much link utilization it will take to syncronize with the child domain and any disadvantages for the same.

Thanks,
    Nilesh

Re: Centralized Active Directory in windows 2008

I think you need to tell us a lot more about your environment
    Sites (and bandwidth)?
    Users?
    Where is child domain?
    Where are DCs?

IMHO there is no need for a child domain in Server 2008 as the previous reason (security boundary for passwords) has been removed
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      I think you need to tell us a lot more about your environment
      Sites (and bandwidth)?
      Users?
      Where is child domain?
      Where are DCs?

IMHO there is no need for a child domain in Server 2008 as the previous reason (security boundary for passwords) has been removed
      Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Actually I am planning for a centralize active directory. We have 10 diferent location and few of then do not have any DCs at present with min. 512 kbps link. And around 1000 users are their all together.

We are planning to put a DC at each location (i.e. i am considering it as child domain) and a master server at One location.

I am bit confused with you statement "IMHO there is no need for a child domain in Server 2008 as the previous reason (security boundary for passwords) has been removed".

I want to know the requirements for the same.

Thanks & Regards,
      Nilesh Kalekar

Comment

You can have multiple DCs in one domain -- one per site (or more)
        Why do you need child domains?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X