Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain Admin credentials incorrect "all of a sudden"

Hi,

GPO was being edited for more security for workstation.

1. Disabling anonymous access to named pipes
    2. Disabling anonymous access to the registry
    3. Renaming AND disabling local known accounts Guest, Administrator.

This GPO was by accident applied to the Default Domain Policy (affecting everything including servers!).

A few minutes later it was "undone" and re-created linking it to the correct container in AD.

A few minutes after that - nobody could log on to the Domain Administrator account and there are no other domain admin accounts here supposedly.

Also now the internet runs really slow in the office.

Is there anything in the 3 points above that could cause this to happen? Is there anything we can do to undo it without having to go through SRVANY utility when booting in Directory Service Restore Mode?

I don't think the PASSWORD has changed. Something else is stopping the Domain Admin account to not be able to be used for the server. So doing the SRVANY and Directory Service Restore Mode will probably just be a waste of time

Help?

Re: Domain Admin credentials incorrect "all of a sudden"

3. Renaming AND disabling local known accounts Guest, Administrator.

That's likely the part wich changed your logon username for administrator.
    you should boot the server in safe mode, then login with your administrator account. That way it wont be disabled at least.

Since the GPO isnt applied anymore you should be able to get back to a normal boot with full functionality.
    Please give points where appropriate

<I dont create ready scripts for you, but I'm willing to point you in the right direction>

Comment

Re: Domain Admin credentials incorrect &quot;all of a sudden&quot;

I managed using SRVANY to reset the password and then managed booting in directory services restore mode. Of course these crazies have ZERO backups of anything so no system state available to me. I tried using Windows Key to crack the AD. When it crashes when attempting to write the backup to the disk however and hasn't been successful. I have a few other utilities I'm going to try. Tough one kinda...

Comment

Working...
      X