Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restrict users to a single application

Hello Everyone,

I am very glad to find this place, it looks like a really great forum for support.

I've been looking for a solution for long time and I can't find it, I was hoping that someone here can help me.

I have a server machine with Windows 2008
    The clients have Windows 7

I want to configure the policies in a way that when users login the Windows 7 machines, an application automatically launches and everything else like the taskbar and desktop are hidden.

OPTIONAL - Not sure if possible: When the clients close the application, Windows 7 should log-off automatically.

I want to do all this with policies as I don't have any scripting knowledge

Thank you in advance for your help.
    Toast

Re: Restrict users to a single application

I spent a lot of time lately experiementing with GPOs, I found this policy in:

User Config / Admin Templates / System / Logon

Called: Run these programs at user logon

I configure it with the following:
    %programfiles%\WinRar\WinRar.exe

It works great, however I can't find a policy that will hide the taskbar (is that even possible to do?)

Thank you.
    Last edited by toastman; 27th January 2010, 00:55.

Comment

Don't think you can do this by default. You need to run the program called taskbar eliminator

http://www.askvg.com/taskbar-elimina...ndows-taskbar/

perhaps you can apply a GPO that starts this program during the logon proces.

bio..

Comment

Originally posted by bio View Post
        Don't think you can do this by default. You need to run the program called taskbar eliminator

[URL]http://www.askvg.com/taskbar-eliminator-hide-remove-windows-taskbar/[URL]

perhaps you can apply a GPO that starts this program during the logon proces.

bio..
        Thanks a lot of the reply, I will give it a try.

Btw, if anyone knows how to hide the taskbar completely (including the Start botton) via policies, please tell me.

Thanks again!
        Last edited by toastman; 27th January 2010, 20:54.

Comment

Working...
        X