Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• file transfer manager on 2008

Hello,
    I have a problem with downloading large file from Microsoft.
    Particulary second download file of System Center Essentials. Self Zip file is corrupted. I tried from different high speed networks. The same bad result.
    CRC errors. No problem with other 3 large files.
    I installed Microsoft File Transfer utility. But download doesn't starts in FTM.
    The version is 5.0 (build 0032).
    Could the utility be outdated for Server 2008. In overview they mention OS: above Windows 98.

Other suggestion for get reliable download. I tried different download manager.
    But got the same corrupted file. Tried different computers and Lans.

Thx.
    Michael.
    "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Re: file transfer manager on 2008

So far, downloads on XP and Windows 7 worked perfectly although with an other browser then IE it can give some weird issues...
    Quite annoying since I do a lot on my mac
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Marcel,
      if I understand correctly after installing FTM and starting download in IE FTM should take care about download and show download process?
      Or I should enable something in FTM. I checked the options in FTM and don't see any special settings.
      From the other hand I don't see any add-ons in IE. Probably this explains why FTM doesn't start.

???

Thanks,
      Michael.
      "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Comment

I solved the problem by using Download Accelerator Plus. And extracted all four files to default c:\Essentials directory.

Microsoft File Transfer Manager didn't start download. Add-on was not installed.

Comment

Working...
        X