Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server 2008 Roaming Profiles & Admin Rights

Dear Petri Users!

I have installed for the first time a Windows Server 2008.

Now i would like to work with roaming profiles.

That works. If my user connect for the first time on a client its makes a folder.
    Always adding V2 after the folder.

Example.

My pad on user property
    \\server\profile\user1

The server make's a folder user1.V2

This i dont care.

The only boring thing is that i can not work with the files at administrator on the server. I can not see the files ore backup it.
    If i change the owner permissions i can see. But the user can not use the profile any more.

I have searched the internet and i have changed the rigts of the user to NOT full rights.
    And i have set ENABLED the
    (Local Group Policy Editor - Computer Configuration - Administrator Templates - System - User Profiles)

Still it dont work.

Please help

Re: Server 2008 Roaming Profiles & Admin Rights

I have a similar situation. I've taken ownership of the profile folders and users now get a message "Your profile was not loaded correctly!". I've tried setting the user as the own again but we still get the error.

I'm wondering if there is anyway to return the proper rights to the user without deleting the profile and starting over.

Comment

Originally posted by ddenne View Post
      I have a similar situation. I've taken ownership of the profile folders and users now get a message "Your profile was not loaded correctly!". I've tried setting the user as the own again but we still get the error.

I'm wondering if there is anyway to return the proper rights to the user without deleting the profile and starting over.
      proper rights are :

* SYSTEM, Domain admins, %username% - FULL CONTROLL on all files and subdirs
      * Give ownership to the %username% on all files and subdirs of the profile

bio..

Comment

This article explains how your roaming profile share should be configured as far as permissions are concerned. Look at the "Security Considerations when Configuring Roaming User Profiles" section of the article. You should set up the parent folder only and let Windows create each users profile folder. If the permissions on the parent folder are set correctly then Windows will create the user folders with the correct permissions. You should not manually modify the permissions on the user folders.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...0855.aspx#EKAA

Comment

Thanks for the information.

Comment

Working...
          X