No announcement yet.

setting up new first AD in 2008r2

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setting up new first AD in 2008r2

I just installed a new ad in a new forest in 2008r2 following the tutorials for 2008.

fresh install
    single DC
    local domain

reverse lookup on ip4 enabled
    ipv6 disabled

after restart event log shows a bunch of events:

event 4013:
    The DNS server is waiting for Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) to signal that the initial synchronization of the directory has been completed. The DNS server service cannot start until the initial synchronization is complete because critical DNS data might not yet be replicated onto this domain controller. If events in the AD DS event log indicate that there is a problem with DNS name resolution, consider adding the IP address of another DNS server for this domain to the DNS server list in the Internet Protocol properties of this computer. This event will be logged every two minutes until AD DS has signaled that the initial synchronization has successfully completed.

event 1014:
    Name resolution for the name timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

event 2107
    The DFS Replication detected the ASR instance key has changed on volume C:. Replication has been stopped for all replicated folders on this volume.

Additional Information:
    Volume: E4918C6A-F3F9-11DE-825E-806E6F6E6963
    ASR Instance key: dac0246d-9be9-4dc4-8c5a-23b7f7db8fa3

event 10154
    The WinRM service failed to create the following SPNs: WSMAN/; WSMAN/Win2008.
    Additional Data
    The error received was 8344: %%8344.
    User Action
    The SPNs can be created by an administrator using setspn.exe utility.

In the event viewer under Diagnosis DPS i get lots of event 5
    The scenario {fd5aa730-b53f-4b39-84e5-cb4303621d74} has a configuration error or has been explicitly disabled in the WDI registry namespace. The Diagnostic Policy Service will ignore the scenario.
    and event 175
    Scenario {aa526adc-508b-448a-b2d1-c59511cb59d4}, instance {9ef8dad5-28a8-4abb-a7c7-08da1b4a1c59}, original activity ID {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000} was dropped by diagnostic module {abd0ea66-a840-44a9-97b1-fb74fddaa8c8} (%windir%\system32\pnpts.dll). The error code was -2147467259.

Does anyone know what this is and how to fix it ?

Two things worry me:

why is the reverse lookup timing out ?
    file replication doen not start.

are there errors normal? are they impairing my AD installation ?
    dcdiag returns that FRS cannot be started. Should FRS be running as this DC is the only DC in the domain?

what do I need to do ?
    Last edited by busch09; 31st December 2009, 21:22.

Re: setting up new first AD in 2008r2

Does the DC point to iteself for DNS resolution? If not, then make it do so. Then try reregistering the server records in DNS by ipconfig /registerdns.
    If not, then if you don't have too many stations in the domain (or none) remove them all, DCPromo the server down to lose the AD then DCPromo up to start again!

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

thank you for your reply.

yes, server ip

I tried in Ip settings: and

no change...

there are no clients in the domain yet.

i reinstalled already, no change...

really strange...

Just to check: you have installed DNS right?
        Technical Consultant

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
        "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
        "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

only dc/dns in forest

installed fresh win2008r2
          edited ip to static
          ran dcpromo accroding to petri tutorial (as I have many times before on win 2003)
          dcpromo installed DNS and DC
          let it run for a while, rebooted a couple of times since then. dns time out in event log stays...

sysvol directories and dns entries are there...and as far as I can tell from win 2003 complete.

no other alterations yet.

dcdiag posts passes all; no errors... (ill verfify tonight)