Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RD services: RD Gateway question

Testing environment...

Working RD Server and RD Web separate servers.

Now, I want to deploy RD Gateway.

Questions:

1. What are the best practices for RD Gateway placement.

Dedicated server? On RD Web server?

My feeling is to install it on dedicated server to simplify the life and exclude IIS problems in case of installing it on RD Web.

2. Please provide your experience in production environment.

3. Is installation of all RD service roles on 1 server a valid option in production env.?

4. Links to comprehensive RD Gateway configuration.

Thanks.
    Michael.
    "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Re: RD services: RD Gateway question

I found answers to my questions:

"Answers to your questions:"

1. Both options are fine. There are no issues in co-existing RD Gateway and RD Web Access.
    2. Please read this blog (http://blogs.msdn.com/rds/archive/20...all-rules.aspx) to know about the various ways by which you can deploy an RD Gateway server.
    3. There are no technical issues in co-existing all RD service roles on a single server, but it's not a best practice. You can think about co-existing RD Web Access and RD Gateway together but i would recommend putting RDSH role on a separate server altogether.
    4. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...30(WS.10).aspx is the link for RD Gateway step by step guide.
    "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Comment

Re: RD services: RD Gateway question

Well done, and thanks for posting back
      Rep++
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
      X