Server 2008 and Group Policy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server 2008 and Group Policy

Ok guy's I really suck at Group Policy's. I understand them and can make changes but that's about it. I'm neededing to get a Template for Windows server 2008 and set it up for our network.

I keep hearing you can download templates but I can never find any. Also how do I find what is diffrent in a 2003 GPO over a 2008 GPO? I know this sounds so pre-school but I just never had to mess with GPO much and with this new job I have they use GPO a lot for the network.

Anyone want hold me by the hand on this one?

Thanks

Re: Server 2008 and Group Policy

No hand holding but you can get lots of help as long as you ask questions that can be understood.

And speaking of that, what exactly do you mean "I'm neededing to get a Template for Windows server 2008"?

Might I suggest this excellent Train Signal Lab as a way to quickly get up to speed about Server 2008 GPs. http://www.trainsignal.com/Windows-S...ining-P34.aspx

Alternatively, http://www.trainsignal.com/Windows-S...ining-C17.aspx get these, end up with an MCITP qualification and dazzle your coworkers with your knowledge.

Don't forget about coming back with an answer my above question.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Totally aside from anything at all..............I've read that "Capitalization" quote no less than 6 times and I just don't get it. If it's intended to relay some sort of message it fell short in my case. The play on words I see, but how that relates is beyond me. Personally I think it should be removed, JMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
        Totally aside from anything at all..............I've read that "Capitalization" quote no less than 6 times and I just don't get it. If it's intended to relay some sort of message it fell short in my case. The play on words I see, but how that relates is beyond me. Personally I think it should be removed, JMHO.
        Your post is totally irrelavent and unhelpful to the question posted by hlobell. Please keep your replies on topic.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
          Haven't you heard of signatures??

They are not meant to relate to anything (Except from my sig )

@OP

Because of the impact on the whole network, I wouldn't start playing with GPOs.
          Start of with Google and a test environment (Only need a server and a client)
          Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
          X