Not enough system storage is available to process this command

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not enough system storage is available to process this command

I have a Windows server 2008 x64 SP1 that I am installing in a DMZ. It has he following stats:

Intel Xeon E5430
    12Gb Ram

I have plenty of space on the drives.

I have installed SQL 2008 web server edition.

I have created some local users with administrative privilages, who require access to configure the web sites, but when they try to change their password at first logon, they are getting the error "Not enough server storage is available to process this command"

I have increased the size of the IRPStackSize regitry to 50 as suggested in some of the Microsoft help pages.

I have also checked the nonpagedpool setting and this is "0".

All updates have been installed. I did have Symantec BESR installed, but have uninstalled it to see if that was the problem, but the error still remains.

I am not seeing anything significant in the eventvwr logs.

Any ideas what I am missing?

Re: Not enough system storage is available to process this command

First thought is a leaking application..
    Pleae review: http://blogs.technet.com/markrussino...6/3211216.aspx
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

The only software installed is the server 2008 and the SQL 2008 Web server edition. This was happening before the SQL was installed.

Perfmon shows that the memory is running at less than 10%. Copying and pasting from another server on the DMZ works fine, so that looks like it rules out the IRPStackSize problem as the other posts suggest.

As I am working on this remotely, I will not be able to run the debugging tools until on site as they recommend being run from a seperate workstation.

This server has been restarted frequently, and the change of password problem occurs even at first logon after restart, so the application leak must be happing immediately if this is the problem.

Comment

One suggestion from JSI was that the Service Pack may have been installed before the Networking Components. Reapply the SP was the suggestion.

Were there any errors relating to this in the Event Viewer? Error Ids would be a help.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X