Domain controller as a Terminal Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain controller as a Terminal Server

What is the consensus for setting up a domain controller with the Terminal Server role?

I have a small accounting office in one city that will be buying out a small office in another city and they want to network and share the same books and applications. I have done this quite sucessfully with a few small accounting offices in the past but I recall when I made the Windows Server 2003 a domain controller and a Terminal server, I had nothing but trouble. When I set everyone up in a Workgroup, everything worked fine.

The customer does not have the resourses to purchase two servers.

Thanks,
    Network Engineers do IT under the desk

Re: Domain controller as a Terminal Server

The fact that MS don't recommend it is a bit of a cliche now but in here they also talk about some adjustments to accomodate the two roles so if needs must: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...17(WS.10).aspx

Wouldn't you consider at least some sort of virtualisation to cut down hardware costs?
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Re: Domain controller as a Terminal Server

Thanks for the link. Considering the small size of the company, I will likely do what I did in the past and stick with a workgroup.

I put SBS 20008 and a Blackberry server on Hyper-V. The hardware for this was more than a stand-alone TS would be, don't you think?

Thanks,
      Network Engineers do IT under the desk

Comment

Working...
      X