netdiag errors in Win Server 2008

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• netdiag errors in Win Server 2008

Last week we successfully installed our First Domain Controller using Server 2008. Prior to running the dcpromo program to change the server into a DC, I had run replmon, dcdiag, and netdiag successfully on my other 2 DC's in this single Windows 2003 domain.
    I used the Windows server 2008 install disk to ADPREP the forest and domain successfully prior to promoting the new 2008 box to DC.
    The issue i am currently having is that I get a couple errors now when I run netdiag post promotion. Here is a copy of the errors:

DNS test . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Failed
    [FATAL] Could not open file C:\Windows\system32\config\netlogon.dns for read
    ing.
    ing.
    ing.
    [FATAL] No DNS servers have the DNS records for this DC registered.

Redir and Browser test . . . . . . : Failed
    List of NetBt transports currently bound to the Redir
    NetBT_Tcpip_{8B9D002E-1EE0-49AE-BA16-A1F6489239A0}
    The redir is bound to 1 NetBt transport.
    List of NetBt transports currently bound to the browser
    NetBT_Tcpip_{8B9D002E-1EE0-49AE-BA16-A1F6489239A0}
    The browser is bound to 1 NetBt transport.
    [FATAL] Cannot send mailslot message to 'BOARSHEADINN*' via browser. [ERROR_
    INVALID_FUNCTION]

DC list test . . . . . . . . . . . : Failed
    Failed to enumerate DCs by using the browser. [ERROR_NO_BROWSER_SERVERS_
    FOUND]

Kerberos test. . . . . . . . . . . : Failed
    [FATAL] Cannot lookup package Kerberos.
    The error occurred was: (null)

I am somewhat surprised by the errors as the other 2 Domain Controllers (which are win2003) do not have the errors when netdiag is run no them. Also we can see the new server in MMC in Sites and Services>Sites>Default-First-Site-Name>Servers. I also checked the DNS zone file for the domain. All the needed resource records for the new server seem to be installed (SRV), NS, A in the zone file.

Thanks

Re: netdiag errors in Win Server 2008

well you can disregard these errors. Netdiag is dropped from Windows Server 2008.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...-98ea2f612657/

The netdiag tool in Windows Server 2008 throws in the same error as if you would run the X86 Netdiag tool on a X64 machine.
    [Powershell]
    Start-DayDream
    Set-Location Malibu Beach
    Get-Drink
    Lay-Back
    Start-Sleep
    Wake-Up!
    Resume-Service
    Write-Warning
    [/Powershell]

BLOG: Therealshrimp.blogspot.com

Comment