Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

unable to set up a secure session with a domain (2000 DC)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unable to set up a secure session with a domain (2000 DC)

hi all,

I installed server 2008R2 64 bit and manage to joine the domain (server 2000)
    I receiev an error that it is unble to set up a secure session with a DC due to the following:

There are currently no logon serves available to service the logon request.

Not sure if this is all related but I am unble to intall a printer - tell me can't find printer. The printer sits on the DC and the 2008 64 bit drivers are able.

I can ping any device on the network.

Thanks
    Avi

Re: unable to set up a secure session with a domain (2000 DC)

I could be that you have a mismatch in LAN authentication level. You can check this in the local security policies on the member server or on the default domain controllers policy.

This is an exerpt from that policy

Network security: LAN Manager authentication level
    This security setting determines which challenge/response authentication protocol is used for network logons. This choice affects the level of authentication protocol used by clients, the level of session security negotiated, and the level of authentication accepted by servers as follows:
    Send LM & NTLM responses: Clients use LM and NTLM authentication and never use NTLMv2 session security; domain controllers accept LM, NTLM, and NTLMv2 authentication.
    Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated: Clients use LM and NTLM authentication and use NTLMv2 session security if the server supports it; domain controllers accept LM, NTLM, and NTLMv2 authentication.
    Send NTLM response only: Clients use NTLM authentication only and use NTLMv2 session security if the server supports it; domain controllers accept LM, NTLM, and NTLMv2 authentication.
    Send NTLMv2 response only: Clients use NTLMv2 authentication only and use NTLMv2 session security if the server supports it; domain controllers accept LM, NTLM, and NTLMv2 authentication.
    Send NTLMv2 response only\refuse LM: Clients use NTLMv2 authentication only and use NTLMv2 session security if the server supports it; domain controllers refuse LM (accept only NTLM and NTLMv2 authentication).
    Send NTLMv2 response only\refuse LM & NTLM: Clients use NTLMv2 authentication only and use NTLMv2 session security if the server supports it; domain controllers refuse LM and NTLM (accept only NTLMv2 authentication).

Important
    This setting can affect the ability of computers running Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000 Professional, Windows XP Professional, and the Windows Server 2003 family to communicate with computers running Windows NT 4.0 and earlier over the network. For example, at the time of this writing, computers running Windows NT 4.0 SP4 and earlier did not support NTLMv2. Computers running Windows 95 and Windows 98 did not support NTLM.

Default:
    Windows 2000 and windows XP: send LM & NTLM responses
    Windows Server 2003: Send NTLM response only
    Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2: Send NTLMv2 response only

Comment

Re: unable to set up a secure session with a domain (2000 DC)

Also have a look at this link posted by Guyt in a different thread: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942564
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
      X