Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User lockdown

Hi.

I have spent the last two days trying to figure out a soltion for the following problem.

I have a windows 2008 r2 machine without AD, wich i want to run RemoteApp for a single program and i have got that part to work very good.

The problems i still have is that i want the users to be "isolated" from eachother,
    and i donīt want them to se for example wich other users exist on the machine.
    I have used the LGPO to lockdown quite a lot functions in the windows exporer, but it feels like im doing it the wrong way around since every time ive locked one function, i find an other that i have to spend hours to lock. Isīnt there a way to easily and secure, restrict the user to its user folder (c:\users\name).

I have solved most of the issues, but still the user can open a common dialog like "Open file" and press ctrl+n to open a explorer window from wich he can select "Share with" and from there browse all the users in the system.
    This might seems like a small issue, but it is very importent for me to solve.

I have tried to use the Grouppolicy entry "Prevent users from sharing files within their profile", but i cant figure out how it works, and it dont solve the problem for me.

I aso tried to disable "Use sharing wizard". This works, but i can only do this for the loged in user, and not for the entire machine which would be required.

So what im asking for is.

1. A "good" way to isolate the user, and if there isnīt any, a way to solve the sharingwizard problem.

Thanks in advance.

/Thure

Re: User lockdown

How are your users configured, what access levels?
    MCSE 2003; MCTS Vista; Sec+; CCNA
    Attitude Makes The Difference!
    in other words you got to WANT to do it..

Comment

The users are only members of the "Users" and the "Remote Desktop users" groups.

Comment

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278295

Maybe this will help you.

MCSE 2003; MCTS Vista; Sec+; CCNA
        Attitude Makes The Difference!
        in other words you got to WANT to do it..

Comment

Hi again.

No, i have seen this document and it applies to 2000 and 2003. It wont explain for me how to solve the issues that i described in my first post.

Thanks anyway .

Comment

Working...
          X