Show Hostname on Lock screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show Hostname on Lock screen

Is it possible to display the hostname of a Server on its lock screen. I find when flipping channels on KVMs that I lose track of which server I'm changing to. Is there any way to customize the lock screen with a visual identifier?

Re: Show Hostname on Lock screen

In the logon screen, if you expand the Options, you already have Logon to computer hostname/netbios name (This computer) on the drop down list.
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not seeing 'Options'. I've looked on the login screen, the lock screen both on the console and through a Remote Desktop session. The only clickable part of the lock screen is Ease of Access. By the way, we're talking Server 2008 here.

Comment

Sorry atomax,
        Didn't notice this was on the windows 2008 forum. However, I don't think is possible appart from the long shot of (Switch user) and Other and clicking on the How to logon to another domain? section where a window comes up with the hostname.
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Most KVMs are programmable so that it will display whatever name you assign it. Yours is not?
          Thank you,

Marc

Comment

Working...
          X