Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot migrate computer accounts using ADMT 3.1

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post in the Petril forum and excited about it. Saying so let me get into me issue,

I'm trying to do a inter forest migration from win 2003 AD into win 2008 domain environment. I've already created the 2 way trust relationship and managed to transfer the user accounts and passwords successfully but failing under the migration of compute accounts. The error messages as below,

ERR2:7006 Failed to install agent on \\win-xp.contoso.msft, rc=5 Access is denied.
    ERR2:7674 Unable to determine the local path for ADMIN share on the machine 'win-xp.contoso.msft'. rc=-2147024891"

For the migration I've created a user account add that user account to a global group and add that user account in the source domains administrators and Ent admin groups. In the target domain I've given the ful access rights to the particular domain under the security tab.

According to the error messages I know it is a permission issue but can't figure out what can be wrong. Microsoft documentation is referred but it's too confusing when I come to the 200 pages Try to find simple step method under search engines but failed. Look forward someone can give me some support on this matter. I'm doing this in a test lab before doing it in customer site.

Thanks,
    Susantha

Re: Cannot migrate computer accounts using ADMT 3.1

See this article:
    http://serverfault.com/questions/389...n-windows-2008

Comment

Thanks pjhutch, I'll recreate my test lab tonight and check this again. But since I 'm trying t access the windows 2003 and windows XP machines admin shares will this apply to me?

Cheers,
      Susantha

Comment

On the 2008 domain, modify the default domain controller policy to allow cryptography algorithms compatible with Windows NT 4.0

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942564
        Thank you,

Marc

Comment

Hi Susantha

I saw your posting and was wondering if you have found a solution to your issue.

Is the Firewall disabled on the workstations when you are migrating them? What account is been used to migrate objects from Domain A to Domain B? Is this account a member of the local admins group on the cmputers.

Shaneou

Comment

Working...
          X