Printer Management

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printer Management

I need to give a group of users access to manage all printer aspects without giving these users server operator or power user access on the servers. I want them to be able to add printers, change printer ports, add new drivers if needed, etc. Has anyone run into this in the past?

Thanks

Re: Printer Management

I believe there's a group called Printer Operators... not sure if that will do what you want, but have you tried it?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

I have tried Print Operators and it does not give the needed access to manage the printers.

Comment

Look and see if the Print Operators group has permissions to load and unload device drivers.

In the local Group Policy or GPO.

Computer Config ----> Windows Settings ---> Security Settings ---> Local Policies ---> User's Rights Assignment.

Windows 2008 has the Enterprise Printer Management feature, so worth looking into delegating management of that. I have never used it myself though.

Comment

Originally posted by rhfoit View Post
          I have tried Print Operators and it does not give the needed access to manage the printers.
          On the print server, on the security tab of the printer make sure the user (Or Group he belongs to) has the Manage printers permission.
          Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
          X