Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dfs

Hello;

I'm not sure if this topic belongs here but here it is anyway. We will be upgrading our two DC's from Windows 2003 to 2008. After the upgrade we want to change over our file shares to DFS namespace. Presently, we only have one folder setup with DFS on our Windows 2K3 server, but all of the other folders are setup as a file share(mapped drives). Is there a script that would allow us to switch from x:\filename to \\servername\foldername? Or has anyone experience this type of migration? Any help would be great.

Thank you.

Re: Dfs

Set up DFS to connect directly to the shares on the servers your mapped drives are connecting to Or are they not member servers?

Comment

Re: Dfs

Originally posted by Newbie2DFS View Post
      Hello;

I'm not sure if this topic belongs here but here it is anyway. We will be upgrading our two DC's from Windows 2003 to 2008. After the upgrade we want to change over our file shares to DFS namespace. Presently, we only have one folder setup with DFS on our Windows 2K3 server, but all of the other folders are setup as a file share(mapped drives). Is there a script that would allow us to switch from x:\filename to \\servername\foldername? Or has anyone experience this type of migration? Any help would be great.

Thank you.
      As mentioned, setup DFS to connect to the file shares. The shares have to exist to allow the drive mapping as well. I assume you are mapping drives via the AD User Properties.

Can you let us now the current path set in the User Properties for mapping to the share.
      Last edited by Virtual; 10th September 2009, 22:45.

Comment

Choose a better topic for your thread!

On a side note, please make sure you pick a better topic for your next thread.
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
        X