Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to exclude HyperV Virtual Network Adapters from Server 2008 Network Awareness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to exclude HyperV Virtual Network Adapters from Server 2008 Network Awareness

Hello,
    I'm a long time lurker, first time poster.

I have a Windows Server 2008 SP2 x64. The Server belongs to a Workgroup and not a domain. I have installed the HyperV role and am running 4 virtual machines (The Virtual Machines are part of an Active Directory Domain).

My only issue is when I have to remotely reboot or start the Server with a "Magic Packet". I will lose connectivity, and cannot use RDP to connect to the Server because Windows 2008 will turn off network discovery.

This is a similar issue to the article that was posted by Daniel Petri on January 19, 2009 regarding the exclusion of VMWare virtual network adapters from Vista/2008 Network Awareness and Windows Firewall.

http://www.petri.com/exclude-vmware-...s-firewall.htm

In that post, a Power Shell script was provided to resolve this problem. I believe the only difference is that this issue relates to the HyperV virtual network adapters as opposed to VMWare's implementation. It is the same annoying problem nevertheless. Does any one know of a similar Power Shell script that will achieve the same result for the HyperV host.

Thanks
Working...
X