No announcement yet.

Event 13508 will not resolve, Please advise

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event 13508 will not resolve, Please advise

I just added File Services to my new 2008 server. As soon as I did that, I am getting two different 13508 errors (for two different servers it is replicating to)

Error message:

The File Replication Service is having trouble enabling replication from to LH01 for c:\windows\sysvol\domain using the DNS name FRS will keep retrying.
    Following are some of the reasons you would see this warning.

[1] FRS can not correctly resolve the DNS name from this computer.
    [2] FRS is not running on
    [3] The topology information in the Active Directory Domain Services for this replica has not yet replicated to all the Domain Controllers.

This event log message will appear once per connection, After the problem is fixed you will see another event log message indicating that the connection has been established.

What I tried:

Made sure sharing and security was allowed with full permissions to both the sysvol and domain folders, for Creator Owner, Authenticated Users, Administrators and System. I can ping both of the servers I am getting the errors for, I synched time on all three servers in question, ended and restarted the file sharing service and made sure the two 2k3 servers are not getting the same error (they are not).

What else am I missing? What do you suggest?