Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server 2008 and NAS

Hi all,

Recently I upgraded my domain, added a 2008 server as a domain controller en demoted my 2003 domain controller. The network works just fine, I can add servers and workstations but not my storage solutions. I have 2 storage solutions: Iomega Storcenter Pro ix4-100 and a Lacie Ethernet Disk raid. Whenever I try to add those to my AD, they report an error:

StorCenter: Unable to join the domain. You must provide the username and password for an Active Directory account with administrative privileges

Lacie: An error occurred while attempting to browse the Active Directory tree. Make sure the user name and password are correct and have sufficient privileges, the specified organizational unit exists, and the system times for the storage system and the Active Directory server are in sync.

I checked everything, made the 2008 a time server and changed the devices so they use the 2008 server as a time server. I try to connect them using the administrator account with all the privileges.

The firmware is up to date and I contacted Iomega but they didn't have an answer. Am I missing something? Did I forget to add a role or service to the DC? Who can help me?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Server 2008 and NAS

Are they both using the 2008 DC as their DNS server?

Probably irrelevant, but what are the domain and forest functional levels?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

The 2008 server is the DC and DNS server. And the 2 levels are 2003. It's strange but everytime I try to add them into the AD, the error is that the account I try to connect them with, has got no privileges to add them to the domain. I tried it with several users, all domain admins, but no luck.

Comment

Just to be absolutely sure, are those accounts Enterprise Admins and Schema Admins as well? Has Lacie said anything about this?
        Wesley David
        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
        -------------------------------
        Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
        Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
        Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
        Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Hi Nonapeptide,

Yes they are Domain, Enterprise and Schema Admins!

Comment

Does the new domain controller have the same IP and/or hostname as the old one or is it a totally different IP/hostname scheme?
            Wesley David
            LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
            Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
            Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide

Comment

The old DC was named DC-MAIN with IP 192.168.128.14 and the new one is named DSRV with IP 192.168.128.15

Comment

Originally posted by Djaycee View Post
                The old DC was named DC-MAIN with IP 192.168.128.14 and the new one is named DSRV with IP 192.168.128.15
                Hmmm, I was thinking that if it was the same IP or DNS name then it could be an arp cache issue on the NAS boxes. Are you logging account logon events on the domain controller and if so, what does event log say is going on?

A last ditch effort might be to mirror the switch port that the NAS box is plugged into and wade through the TCP/IP stream looking for LDAP communication. Make sure it's looking at the right server and what (if any) network related errors are being returned.
                Wesley David
                LinkedIn | Careers 2.0

Comment

I was trying to start perfmon to monitor traffic but when I start the AD Diagnose it comes back with an error that the user has not been granted the requested logon type on this computer. Maybe it's related?

Furthermore in the eventlogs I have some errors, maybe they are related too. Error 8245 IDMU password synchronisation (btw I can't find any info related to thus event) and 5723 especially related to the device.

Comment

Originally posted by Djaycee View Post
                    I was trying to start perfmon to monitor traffic but when I start the AD Diagnose it comes back with an error that the user has not been granted the requested logon type on this computer. Maybe it's related?
                    Sounds suspicious, yes. To be perfectly clear, which computer did you launch perfmon on and what exactly do you mean by "AD Diagnose"? Unless my mind is blanking something out (quite possible) that doesn't sound familiar to me.
                    Wesley David
                    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0

Comment

Working...
                    X