No announcement yet.

Print Server AD Listing

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Print Server AD Listing

Hi All

Since the weekend for some unknown reason the printers keep un-listing themselfs from Active Directory.

I keep listing them but they remove thems after a minute or two. what on earth is going on?

Re: Print Server AD Listing

The Error

Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-PrintSpooler
    Date: 16/07/2009 10:42:52
    Event ID: 37
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: vupc82-vm3.####.###.##
    While attempting to publish the printer to the Active Directory directory service, the print spooler failed to create or update print queue CN=VUPC82-VM3-Admin in container LDAP://,OU=Servers,DC=rusu-home,DC=ad,DC=####,DC=###,DC=##. Error: 80070005. The printer is not published in Active Directory and cannot be located by searching Active Directory.

Ok checked on the microsoft website and checked DNS settings, no IP changes, auth users and domains users have print rights and default + server GPO have allow printers to be published

What I did without noticing or knowing (I'm a noob) I removed the server from the domain and rejoined it, thinking that the listed server was the correct listed server.

After rejoining this domain and remove the old SID it works, now it lists in directory however i have another print problem watch the forums!