No announcement yet.

Stop Error 0X805000F

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop Error 0X805000F

I am getting stop error 0X805000F and reboots... I have enabled memory dump - kernal but getting no dump file. Any idea of a cause or what I can do to further diagnose?

Re: Stop Error 0X805000F

The exact operating system and hardware specs would be helpful
    Have you changed anything just before the problem started
    Can you boot into safe mode and check the event logs?

A brief for the error code suggests it is to do with drivers
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Its a HP Proliant ML150 G5 running Windows 2008 SP2. No driver updates or changes.

I can view the error logs, and that is where I am getting this stop error, but not seeing anything that really gives me much more info. I would have expected a memory dump file to look at but it looks like nothing is being created.

I did google this prior to posting but could only find issues with Server 2003 and a hotfix but nothing with Server 2008.
      Last edited by chakotay2; 14th July 2009, 21:53.

Here are the ERRORS (Filtered) Critical and Error in the event log (attachment)
        Attached Files

I was on site this morning and observed this first hand. This time no BSOD, no error code in log (other than unexpected shutdown). Server rebooted.

It was almost like it got unplugged and plugged back in. It's got a redundant dual power supply and is on a UPS. The UPS is VERY old and not adequate for this server. However no other computers at the site experienced reboots or power issues (no other computers on site are attached to UPS's).

Could this be the issue or where else should I be looking?

run memtest.... ?
            Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Good suggestion. I am going to take the server down Sunday (less impact on business) and run HP Server Diag... Since I have swapped out the UPS no reboots so far, but a good diag (including memtest) is probably in order.

It's confirmed, this was a bad UPS... Brand new one and it works like a champ.