Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server 2008 R2 Direct Acces

Hello Everyone

I was wondering if anyone knows the location of a reliable whitepaper for configuring direct access.

Also is it possible to impliment on a single NIC? I know it is better practice to have 2.

Many Thanks

Re: Server 2008 R2 Direct Acces

Hi,

Google returns quite a few results inc some Technet screencasts.
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Apologies my explanation of what i was asking was rubbish, at least its Friday.

Sorry I have the Microsoft early adopter whitepapers they are good but only if you want to do it in the perfect conditions that nobody actually has.

The aspect that I require help with is the singal Nic aspect i understand that ideally you would have one Nic to receive the external requests and one for internal, but surely there must be a way to enable this on a single Nic like you can enable VPN connections on a singal Nic server.

If this is not possible then it opens up future issues with SBS Server 2008 as the R2 version would not be able to use this feature due to SBS 2008 only supporting a single Nic. Forcing it to use a second nic is possible but breaks alot of the functions.

Sorry for rambling a bit, all the material i seem to look at refers to 2 Nic configurations constantly.

Comment

That's because with what I've seen DirectAcess is only available on the Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise edition.
        On a SBS domain I think you'll have to add another windows 2008 R2 enterprise as a member server and configure DirectAccess on it.
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
        X