Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP Thin Clients, USB Card Reader, Server 2008

Hey there!

We're planning to switch our terminal-server from 2003 to 2008. Both are up and running and we'd be ready to tell the users to use the new server, when the last problem is solved:

Under 2008 one can't open the folder holding the contents of the sd-cards in the USB-reader. It says something about missing permissions. We're running a second 2008 server at the moment and both have this problem with every user, even administrators.

I called the HP-Hotline (t5520 thin-clients), but they only told me that server 2008 isn't supported with these clients. But they do mount the card reader!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Greets,

M. Wolf

Re: HP Thin Clients, USB Card Reader, Server 2008

Hi,

I doubt you would get any further with this if HP themselves told you that it's not supported. They usually give you an authorative answer whether positive or not.
    Short of a dirty trick or workaround, I would suggest you contact them again and thoroughly explain you situation and see what other options you have got. Maybe upgrade your Thin clients to a newer model or stay with 2003.
    I believe your problems are related to the RDP version that is run on those thin clients with windows CE 5.0.
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...6-863e6ff95b93
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Re: HP Thin Clients, USB Card Reader, Server 2008

Thanks for your answer!

After some more testing we found out that the problem isn't restricted to the thin clients.

We found 3 kinds of errors by now. All start with the same text: Can't access %name%. Ask your admin if you have got proper permissions.
      (Translated analogously from german)
      That text is followed by a reason, which differs each time (in brackets):

1.: the thin clients. (File exists)
      2.: a linux-box connecting with rdesktop and mounting the home-folder (tried accessing an illegal adress)
      3.: a share on our nas (couldn't find username) - it doesn't even ask for a username!

Seems very unlikely to me that it's something about rdp...but i still have no clue about other reasons.
      All 3 worked with 2003...

Maybe anyone got some more ideas?

Comment

Working...
      X