Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Server 2008 and Solaris Password and Account Synch

Hi Guys,

I asked this question last week and I want to be more clear with my questions. We are using Solaris 10 and ldap is configured on this server to allow authentication. We would like to set up Win2k8 as our primary domain Controller and would like to allow an account and password synch between both Operating System. I know for the initial set up it is easy to import the accounts from Unix to windows with Ldap through an import of the accounts, however how do you keep the passwords synch and new account creations in Unix automatically replicated in windows. We can not use the feature of Windows 2008 because it uses NIS and we cant use NIS on our servers.

Re: Windows Server 2008 and Solaris Password and Account Synch

did you read any of the posts I supplied last time ?
    like the links to Scott Lowe's blog on Sol10 and AD integration ?

you need to make the two directory services talk and trust each other somehow. That's hte only way you can keep passwords in synch.
    if it needs NIS, it needs NIS.

If this doesn't (again) point you in the right directory, towards the resources you need, then hopefully it will at least point you in the direction towards the appropriate search terms to use, and the right questions to ask.

I've given you links on how to configure authenitcation between the two domains.
    All you've given me is that it won't work because yo ucan't use NIS. That's fantastic, it helps, really.

Try consulting google with the appropriate search times. Using syncronise AD and LDAP as a google search time, I found posts within the first 10 listings, on a Sun forum.
    I also found a program specifically designed for this purpose.

So.

Go away, read, educate. come back, ask the right questions.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Techchamel, the reason I asked is because I cant locate my previous post. If you have the link please put it here. I did find out about Sun Identity Management System that does what we need, but still want to look at other options before going that route. If you have the link to my post can you please put it here.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
        Go away, read, educate. come back, ask the right questions.
        Tehcamel,
        I think you need to take it a bit easier! We've all done it before and we are all here to learn.
        Pointing to the previous thread and advising accordingly would be more appropriate IMO.
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=37188

One way to find your own posts is to go to Search > Advanced Search
          then search by username, and search for 'threads started by'

I think there may be another way through your CP, but i'm not sure...
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

UserCP -> Your Profile ... or click on your user name in a post. From there, go to the Statistics tab. Then click on "Find all posts".

I'll have the threads merged.
            ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
            X