how to downgrade windows server 2008 to win server 2003 standard edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to downgrade windows server 2008 to win server 2003 standard edition

how to downgrade windows server 2008 to win server 2003 standard edition need step by step procedure ??and where i can get media for 2003 standard edition

Re: how to downgrade windows server 2008 to win server 2003 standard edition

Backup, format and reinstall, I'm afraid.

If you are a volume license agreement customer you should be able to download the media, otherwise you will have to speak nicely to Microsoft

I don't know if you will need a new product key as well
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: how to downgrade windows server 2008 to win server 2003 standard edition

Originally posted by friends4vjjk View Post
      how to downgrade windows server 2008 to win server 2003 standard edition need step by step procedure ??and where i can get media for 2003 standard edition
      Is the machine standalone or part of the domain? Also do you intend to install on the same hardware?
      As per previous editions you could use the Downgrade rights: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...de-rights.aspx
      There are some links in the page about obtaining previous OS media and license keys.

I am interested to know why would you downgrade though?
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
      X