Pulling my hair out - constant errors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulling my hair out - constant errors

I am pulling my hair out... I have a server that constantly has errors in log, performance and reliablility is down to around 2... I have updated drivers, updated windows server 2008 std, etc...

I am about to reformat and re-install... anything else I can try?

Error log attached.
    Attached Files

Re: Pulling my hair out - constant errors

What is the server being used for? It all looks to be application errors.

Comment

Its in a small business with 10 client workstations. I have tried to get them to move to a dedicated server but with the economy so tight... well anyway, it's a server but also being used by office manager as a workstation. Althought this is not good practice, the programs should still run on it okay. It is a fairly robust server... 4gb ram, Xeon processor etc...

Comment

I see. Has it ever worked ok? Have any applications or updates recently been made to efefct it?

I would hate you to reinstall and then eventually, the same thing happen.

Do you have AD and DNS running? Do the users also save to file shares? Are the applications installed on the server just for the Office Manager or are you using Terminal Services in an application only or remoting in capacity etc. ?

Comment

I see. Has it ever worked ok? Have any applications or updates recently been made to efefct it?

I would hate you to reinstall and then eventually, the same thing happen.

Do you have AD and DNS running? Do the users also save to file shares? Are the applications installed on the server just for the Office Manager or are you using Terminal Services in an application only or remoting in capacity etc. ?
          Its mostly worked okay but has gotten progressivly worse... There really hasn't been anything that stands out as a change that would cause this. I wish I could be more helpful but I had went through that in my head as well.

Yes, I would hate to put all the work into a rebuild if it's just going to happen again.

It's AD and DNS and yes file shares, no terminal services being used at all. The main usage as far as shares is AVImark veterinary practice management software (one of the ones crashing).

I am not sure where to start in debugging or fixing this other than wipe and try again... but I really don't want to spend a couple of days doing that again.

Comment

this is SBS2008 yes ?
            Is It 64 bit or 32bit ?

The errors seem to be mainly quicken or quickbooks. Is this application certified for 2008 ? for 64bit ?
            I'd start there.

i've managed to find the following links that may assist you:
            http://www.experts-exchange.com/Soft..._23421732.html
            http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/arch...-sbs-2008.aspx

http://www.avimark.net/gtka/hardware-requirements <- avimark, says supports 2008, but doesn't say 64 or 32..
            Last edited by tehcamel; 3rd June 2009, 11:48.
            Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

32 bit, server 2008 standard.

Comment

did the other links help you ? Have intuit been able to provide any advice ?
                Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

To reiterate what tehcamel has asked: Is Quickbooks 2008 supported on Windows Server 2008?

Comment

Hi, regarding the other links:

The experts exchange isn't visable to me, it wants me to sign up for 7 days or pay money.

The other one is for SBS which isn't what I am running.

And we are running 32 bit (but AVImark says they support both 32 and 64 bit).

Looks like QBPro 2008 isn't supported but 2009 is for Server 2008, but take that out of the picture and I am still getting outlook crashes and avimark crashes and they both are supposedly compatable.

Comment

Install a Virtual on 2008 Server and run QuickBooks inside the Virtual. Also try and get the manager his (or her) own workstation. I hope they are not logging on as an Administrator user.
                      1 1 was a racehorse.
                      2 2 was 1 2.
                      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Ok, what about the other errors though? They are programs which are supposed to work.

Comment

Originally posted by chakotay2 View Post
                          The experts exchange isn't visable to me, it wants me to sign up for 7 days or pay money.
                          In spite of Ex-Ex's filthy lies, you can get a truly free Experts Exchange account. And it's legal.
                          Wesley David
                          LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
                          -------------------------------
                          Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
                          Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
                          Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
                          Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Originally posted by chakotay2 View Post
                            Ok, what about the other errors though? They are programs which are supposed to work.
                            You have an installed Program that isn't compatible, so there is every chance that it has effected the system in various ways.

You may have to consider reimaging the Server, should uninstalling QucikBooks not resolve the issue.

Comment

Hmmm, I understand even Qb2009 isnt' supported either.... Maybe time for a new computer to move applications to and let server be a server.

It is hard now to get business to do that in this economy but they may have to just do it.

Thanks, guess what well see from here...

Any idea why outlook keeps locking up?

Comment

Working...
                              X