The Local Policy Of This System Does Not Permit You To Logon Interactively

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Local Policy Of This System Does Not Permit You To Logon Interactively

I have set up a dummy server to practice, and have 3 users logged into a TS/DC. 2 are logged in as domain users, 1 as ts user. the Domain users work fine, then if they log off and back in. it says

"The Local Policy Of This System Does Not Permit You To Logon Interactively".

So i delete their account (cause i can't figure anyother way to fix it) recreate it and again, they are fine, till they get kicked out. the last time it happened, one of the laptops was statically set, i forgot about it, and somehow another computer took it, now this is an hour after it was running fine. So anyways when i went to log back in i got that message. This has happened 4 times.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Re: The Local Policy Of This System Does Not Permit You To Logon Interactively

Did you think of doing this?

http://www.google.com/search?q=The+L...+Interactively
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
      I have set up a dummy server to practice, and have 3 users logged into a TS/DC. 2 are logged in as domain users, 1 as ts user. the Domain users work fine, then if they log off and back in. it says

"The Local Policy Of This System Does Not Permit You To Logon Interactively".

So i delete their account (cause i can't figure anyother way to fix it) recreate it and again, they are fine, till they get kicked out. the last time it happened, one of the laptops was statically set, i forgot about it, and somehow another computer took it, now this is an hour after it was running fine. So anyways when i went to log back in i got that message. This has happened 4 times.

Any ideas?

Thanks
      Thats because its a domain controller. NOT a good idea at all to have your DC as a Terminal Server and certainly not a recommended configuration by MS. If you must do it you will have to modify the local security policy of the DC to prevent that error message. Its a default security feature that has been present since Windows 2003 AFAIK.

Comment

thanks for your replies. I dont have a problem logging in as a ts. I have added them to the local policies in group management, and created a gpo to probit those users from accessing vital parts of the server.

The problem is the domain users. Once they log off they can't log back in 'cause that box comes up. Would this be a license issue?

Comment

hello, I'm having the same issue, did you have any solutions?

Comment

This is worth reviewing.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...roduct=win2000

And the other policy not mentioned in the above worth looking at is:

Allow logon through Terminal Services.

Comment

Working...
            X