server 2008 driver issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• server 2008 driver issues

I loaded windows 2008 enterprise on my test computer so I can start studiying for the mcitp test but I can't seem to get the drivers to load.I'm missing the ethernet,sound,and video.I'm using a dell optiplex 170L.Anybody have any ideas where I can get drivers since the ones on dell.com don't work.I can load server 03 but not 08 for some reason.
    MCITP: EA

MCITP: SA

Re: server 2008 driver issues

There probably aren't any W2K8 drivers for the Optiplex. You can try Vista drivers if they're available. If they're not available or don't work you can try getting drivers directly from the device manufacturers. My guess is that you're not going to have much luck with it.

As an alternative you could install the OS that came with the Optiplex, install VMware server (free) and create a W2K8 virtual machine in VMware.

Comment

Originally posted by texasit View Post
      I loaded windows 2008 enterprise on my test computer so I can start studiying for the mcitp test but I can't seem to get the drivers to load.I'm missing the ethernet,sound,and video.I'm using a dell optiplex 170L.Anybody have any ideas where I can get drivers since the ones on dell.com don't work.I can load server 03 but not 08 for some reason.
      I had a feeling I would have trouble loading 08.I will try vmware thanks.
      MCITP: EA

MCITP: SA

Comment

Glad to help.

Comment

Working...
        X