Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

universal print driver 4.7 rundll32.exe error on a windows 2008 (Xen Server vm)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• universal print driver 4.7 rundll32.exe error on a windows 2008 (Xen Server vm)

Hello
    I just installed a fresh new win2008 32 bit server with all the newest security updates. made the role (print services)
    then I installed a printer with tcp ip port. using the newest universal print driver from hp. after intalling the driver I choose to auto update the printer and that works fine. but after that, everytime I click on the "printing preference" button it crashes. comes up with an rundll.32 error. the app eventlog says this:

Faulting application rundll32.exe, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp 0x4549b0e1, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x00000000, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x01f62dcf, process id 0xa34, application start time 0x01c9bf79ba917104.

I contaced hp support and they said that the have nver heard anyone having this problem. hmm. they send me a new beta version of UPD but still the same error..
    I have now tryed 3 times to reinstall the server.

have anyone seen this before?

Re: universal print driver 4.7 rundll32.exe error on a windows 2008 (Xen Server vm)

I personally like the printer specific drivers than the universal one which I found to be too generic for my liking. Not sure about the rundll32.exe error though.

Comment

Re: universal print driver 4.7 rundll32.exe error on a windows 2008 (Xen Server vm)

me too. there are features missing in the universal driver. but the problem is that must only use pcl5 versions because of citrix. and the only version availible of pcl5 on hp site for that specific printer is the universal driver.

Comment

Working...
      X