No announcement yet.

Big Time: Users automatically set to logon from Servers

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Time: Users automatically set to logon from Servers

Hi there,
    we have a constellation with 1x Win 2k8 Standard as main AD(FSMO) Server and the 1x EBS 2008 (2 of them are Hyper-v-ed).
    We started to encouter this problem 5 days ago, as out of the sudden all users in Active Directory have been set to logon only from the Active Directory Servers !!?? (in AD MMC -> User properties -> Account -> "Logon from:" and the 4 AD servers are listed there . It's always been default (From all computers).

Who is this ghost that changes it back every 2-4 hours?

AdminDSHolder doesn't protect the User Group. This is what I know.
    Users have been promoted to Remote Web Workspace Group as i installed the terminal Server. I assumed it was all connected, so i removed the users from this group and left them as members of only Domain Users. Nothing changed.

I tried to change it back on the 1st Server and then to force replicate to the other Servers. I worked. Only for the next 2 hours...

Last night, nothing changed for 6 hours !? and then as I WAS SLEEPING it happened again . The replication happens every 190 Minutes, so i assume it's not a replication problem, because no matter on which server i change it, it's beeing accepted by the other 3 server with no problems, but will be set back.

Any help or tipps will be much, much appreciated.

Thank you.

PS: How can I move this thread to Active Directory?
    Last edited by vcondria; 16th April 2009, 08:51. Reason: Wrong Section.