Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Log on As user without password or Log Passwords

Hello All
    I have been asked by my manager how can he log on as a user to see specific probelems without havign the users password as we are beggining rolling 30 day passwords.
    Is there a way to log on as a user without their password or can i store a file with all users passwords in AD.
    Thanks

Re: Log on As user without password or Log Passwords

Sounds very dodgy to me!
    Why would he want to impersonate another user?
    And how would you keep your password file up to date?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Ah Sorry.
      the way we have worked is in a workgroup with passwords that do not change so we know all of our users passwords so if they have a problem we can log in as them and see the problem as the user.
      But now have a domain with rolling passwords this is not the case as the users change their passwords.
      Thanks

The main reason woudl be for diagnosis of a problem with a users account.

Thanks
      Last edited by ZR_Seanie; 1st April 2009, 12:22.

Comment

You could use Remote Assistance or one of the VNC products to connect to a users session for troubleshooting
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

yeah i thought as much i have Dameware Mini remote but it means i need the user to be present to give me their password.

Thanks Again

Comment

Working...
          X