No announcement yet.

Time Server

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Server

i have aobut 15 servers running windows 2008, 8 of them are not on the domain, i want to make one of my domain servers a Time Server and then point al these server to it to make sure all machines are on same Time.

How do I do this?

Re: Time Server

After you choose which server will be the time server, configure it to sync to an external source. See the "Configuring the Windows Time service to use an external time source" steps at On step 4 of this guide, where you will configure the external sources, I use either "" or the NTP pools from, they are:
    Note that you may want to use different pools depending on where you are globally.
    (See more information at

Then, you'll want to configure each of the other 7 servers to sync to the Time Server. On a command prompt at each server, type the following:
    net time setsntp:{name or IP of Time Server}
    Keep in mind, if you use the name of the Time Server you'll want to be sure DNS is working.

Not knowing your environment completely I am assuming all of this will work. I'll be happy to help if you run into any problems.
    Last edited by karatecki; 26th March 2009, 19:26. Reason: Note: edited to include the SNTP source.
    'What we do not make conscious emerges later as fate.' Carl Jung