reg dhcp services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reg dhcp services

i have window 2003 r2 server,that installed with AD,DHCP,DNS and sql 2005.from last two days i am faceing a unknown problem,

all my client got ip from dhcp but after suddenly client not able to browes the internet.local ping is perfect but not able to telnet and nslookup.after giving the static ip from the dhcp pool it work.and i more thing i relise some pc got the ip out of dhcp pool and that pc's ip setting is dhcp enable.
    i have some ip reservation on dchp server.
    is it issue of lease expried or what any suggetion.

thanks in advance.

Re: reg dhcp services

Originally posted by jainsaurabh81 View Post
    i have window 2003 r2 server,that installed with AD,DHCP,DNS and sql 2005.from last two days i am faceing a unknown problem,

all my client got ip from dhcp but after suddenly client not able to browes the internet.local ping is perfect but not able to telnet and nslookup.after giving the static ip from the dhcp pool it work.and i more thing i relise some pc got the ip out of dhcp pool and that pc's ip setting is dhcp enable.
    i have some ip reservation on dchp server.
    is it issue of lease expried or what any suggetion.

thanks in advance.
    What does ipconfig /all show on the effected PC? Are they the correct DNS server? Have you checked the settings of the scope with regards to DNS?

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual View Post
      What does ipconfig /all show on the effected PC? Are they the correct DNS server? Have you checked the settings of the scope with regards to DNS?
      ipconfig /all show all correct entry,i.e dns server ,all ip setting etc.but i am not able to connect to internet.

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
      Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : rolex.com
      Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethe
      rnet NIC
      Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1B-38-F0-79-DA
      Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
      Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
      IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.15
      Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
      Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.11
      DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.100
      DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.100
      Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, March 10, 2009 09:07:58
      Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, March 18, 2009 09:07:58
      Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:
      Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
      Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Networ
      k Connection
      Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1C-BF-87-EB-EE
      C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator

i am in doubt abt the lease expaires...........defult i have 8 house

any suggection........

Comment

Am I right in saying there is only one machine with the problem?

Can you ping an external IP address that is pingable?

Also, look to see if any proxies are set that is preventing internet connection. Compare the settings with another machine.

You could clear the 'temp files' folder.

And run ipconfig /flushdns and try the connection again.

You could carry out a repair of the NIC that will clear local caches as well.

Is NAP setup on the network?

Comment

Am I right in saying there is only one machine with the problem?

Can you ping an external IP address that is pingable?

Also, look to see if any proxies are set that is preventing internet connection. Compare the settings with another machine.

You could clear the 'temp files' folder.

And run ipconfig /flushdns and try the connection again.

You could carry out a repair of the NIC that will clear local caches as well.

Is NAP setup on the network?
          first of all it's vista os.no i am not able to ping external ip but able to internal,also i am not haveing any proxy.temp i am already cleared.

one more thing that it's not about one pc i have same proble with xp and 2003 server,when i config it on dhcp ,no time when i am not able to surf but so me external connectvity in xp and 2003.after manully config the ip on same pc i am able to surf but different ip that are accpted from the dhcp,if i config same stictic ip that the pc got from dchp its not working, actully this not test in vista because it md laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by jainsaurabh81 View Post
            first of all it's vista os.no i am not able to ping external ip but able to internal,also i am not haveing any proxy.temp i am already cleared.

one more thing that it's not about one pc i have same proble with xp and 2003 server,when i config it on dhcp ,no time when i am not able to surf but so me external connectvity in xp and 2003.after manully config the ip on same pc i am able to surf but different ip that are accpted from the dhcp,if i config same stictic ip that the pc got from dchp its not working, actully this not test in vista because it md laptop.
            I'd be tempted to reinstall DHCP. Also, not sure what sort of Gateway device you have but you could test pinging to outside from there and check the rules.

Comment

I'd be tempted to reinstall DHCP. Also, not sure what sort of Gateway device you have but you could test pinging to outside from there and check the rules.
              i have cisco 1841 router.can you tell me this is problem of DHCP or DNS.

Comment

Working...
              X