Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update Problem

Hello All
    Just installed Server 2k8 on a DL180 and all was fine until i tried to update and get unknown error.

This is really annoying me as i cannot find the info online

Any help woudl be great

Thanks

Re: Update Problem

What are the error details?
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Originally posted by ZR_Seanie View Post
      Hello All
      Just installed Server 2k8 on a DL180 and all was fine until i tried to update and get unknown error.

This is really annoying me as i cannot find the info online

Any help woudl be great

Thanks
      Can you provide more information. What you you using to update? Are you able to post a screen shot of the message? Are there any events in event viewer that sheds some light on the issue and maybe you can post them here.

Comment

Hi there
        i have just installed the server 2008 OS and suign the ICT select update windows and click on update and i get

Error(s)
        Code 80072f8f
        windows update as encountered and unknown error.

Comment

Hi there
          i have just installed the server 2008 OS and suign the ICT select update windows and click on update and i get

Error(s)
          Code 80072f8f
          windows update as encountered and unknown error.
          Can you access any internet sites on it or ping other machines on the network? Also, have you checked the TCP-IP settings?

Also, try accessing the Windows update site via Internet Explorer. I have googled and it suggests it may be an SSL issue where a computer may not be trusting the windows update site for some reason. Using Internet Explorer should flag this up.
          Last edited by Virtual; 9th March 2009, 13:38.

Comment

i can access google etc, and if i use microsoft update it tells me to use Start then Windows Update

Comment

i can access google etc, and if i use microsoft update it tells me to use Start then Windows Update
              Give that a go and see if you can start to update that way. Let us know how you get on or what messages you get.

Comment

Sorry what i mean to say was i can get to microsoft update and that installs the service and tells me for updates use the start menu then select windows update

no manual update option is availible

Comment

you know when someone has called you and said they cannot use there computer and a network cable was out or a monitor power lead and you laugh.

well my clock was set to September so update failed.

Please by all means

Comment

you know when someone has called you and said they cannot use there computer and a network cable was out or a monitor power lead and you laugh.

well my clock was set to September so update failed.

Please by all means
                    That makes sense. So all is now well?

Comment

BTW, worth checking your BIOS as well in case that has time set incorrectly or there is a possible issue with the CMOS battery.

Comment

yeah i will do that on next re-boot
                        thanks for your replies and i have now moved from anoyed to excited again as this is my first DC for my company as i have been working all hours god sends for 2 years maintaining a 85 computer workgroup

Comment

yeah i will do that on next re-boot
                          thanks for your replies and i have now moved from anoyed to excited again as this is my first DC for my company as i have been working all hours god sends for 2 years maintaining a 85 computer workgroup
                          Ideal size for a first one and a great OS to start with seeing that you are new to it all. Feel free to post any other questions.

Also, look into NAP on your network. It is worth setting up security wise. You ideally need WSUS as well to centrally update your machines.

Comment

Working...
                          X