Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to configure 2 node win 2k8 cluster on VMware

Dear Techies,

I am new to clustering/NLB can anybody tell the procedure that how to configure 2 node win 2k8 cluster on VMware for application.

Regards,
    Phani Kumar .B

Re: How to configure 2 node win 2k8 cluster on VMware

Clustering and NLB are 2 different things.
    What do you want to do....?
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

VMware supports HA with failover and failback.Becuase of this there isnt any need for clustering with Vmware. Providing you using ESX that is.. Again in my opinion there isnt much need for NLB on Vmware when the nics and virtual switches are virtual. Is this for some type of dev? Or proof of concept?

Comment

I would like to configure clustering.

Originally posted by Dumber View Post
        Clustering and NLB are 2 different things.
        What do you want to do....?

Comment

Originally posted by scurlaruntings View Post
          VMware supports HA with failover and failback.Becuase of this there isnt any need for clustering with Vmware. Providing you using ESX that is.. Again in my opinion there isnt much need for NLB on Vmware when the nics and virtual switches are virtual. Is this for some type of dev? Or proof of concept?
          It looks as if HA for applications is required in addition to your good comment regarding VMs HA.

Comment

Originally posted by scurlaruntings View Post
            HA costs 1000's and does not provide fault tolerance. It just turns on the VM automatically on another host which can equal several minutes of downtime.

Comment

Working...
            X