Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dns

Hi All,

I have recently installed Server2K8 Ent. on my Home Machine.

Configured Active Directory 'mydomain.com', installed DNS server as part of the AD process.

My Home setup is :

Broadband Router > Win2K8 [Single Nic] > clients

Client machines are added to the domain, DHCP is the router, DNS Server is Win2K8. I have to specify DNS in my network tcp/ip settings as :

Primary : 192.168.1.7 (win2k
    Secondary : 192.168.1.1 (router)

Same has been applied on client machines, as its the router which assigns IP and DNS.

In My DNS Settings It has the router's IP as forwarder ; just now I rebooted the machine and it showed as DNS has not started ; This has happened a couple or more times and I have to manually start it (even though its set to fire automatic) ; Machines were still able to browse the internet.

Any suggestions ? What I am doing wrong ? Do i need to disable dhcp on router and just use it as a gateway ?

Your Help is Appreciated
    Thanks and Regards
    SMA

Re: Dns

Originally posted by SMA View Post
    Any suggestions ? What I am doing wrong ? Do i need to disable dhcp on router and just use it as a gateway ?
    I would give that a go, yeah. Setup the DHCP on the 2008 box and disable it on the router.
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Re: Dns

Originally posted by L4ndy View Post
      I would give that a go, yeah. Setup the DHCP on the 2008 box and disable it on the router.
      Thank you for your reply, I was down with flu and will try your suggestion this weekend.

Thanks and Regards
      SMA

Comment

Working...
      X