Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special User Creation

Hy all,

i need to create a special User Able to join computer to the domain but that cannot log on to any Workstation. My Domain is a New Windows 2008 domain.

Now i have created a Group Called DomainJoiners and i have delegated to that group the control to join computer to the domain.

eveything run ok, but now i don't know how to deny correctoly to users in that group to log-on to the workstation.

I have tried to do that setting the workstation with the "log On to.." button, but when i try to add a workstation to the domain i receive an error say's that User canno't logon to the domain...
    I think that the only way is to assign a GPO to the OU where group and User are located. but i don't understant wich one...

Does Anybody can help me?

thank you in advance
    Max

Re: Special User Creation

I assume that the users will initially be logging on localy to a workstation to join the computer to the domain? You could look in to denying Interactive logon for the users.

Comment

Hy Virtual,

Thank you for your suggestion!

I have inserted the User in a group, and after i created a GPO called SpecialUser-DenyLogonLocally. I have set Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Polocies\User Right Assigment\"Deny Logon Locally" inserting in the group created before, and applicated the policy to the whole domain.

and it runs very well!

thank
      Max

Originally posted by Virtual View Post
      I assume that the users will initially be logging on localy to a workstation to join the computer to the domain? You could look in to denying Interactive logon for the users.

Comment

Not a problem. Glad it achieved what you were looking for.

Comment

Working...
        X