Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding server2008 to SBS2003 domain

Hi all,
    I have a domain managed by SBS2003 single server for file sharing and exchange on a primary office location.
    I also have a remote site where a windows2000 server is running.
    this server holds an application- that users from the primary office uses remote desktop from their XP's to connect to. it works good.
    I want to replace the old 2000 server with a new machine that will run windows2008 server.

1. will the 5 users from the primary office site, be still able to connect by RDP to the new 2008 server (after adding the right amount of teminal client licenses) ?

2. will that 2008 server be able to add itself to a SBS2003 managed domain so it can deal with logon attempts made by the remote users there?

thanks...

Re: adding server2008 to SBS2003 domain

Originally posted by Flakor View Post
    1. will the 5 users from the primary office site, be still able to connect by RDP to the new 2008 server (after adding the right amount of teminal client licenses) ?
    Yes, if you configure the server as a TS.

2. will that 2008 server be able to add itself to a SBS2003 managed domain so it can deal with logon attempts made by the remote users there?
    Little bit of research might help? This has been answered plenty of times before on this site and others... http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=joi...08+server+2003

Please take the time to read the forum rules - you are expected to do some research before posting.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

I searched for toppics but found non..
      anyways I got that link from Microsoft..
      get a look ... everybody..
      http://www.microsoft.com/sbs/en/us/e...-overview.aspx
      the best solution for my scenario...

Comment

It will depend on the RDP client being used. Windows 2008 TS will probably require Computer and User authentication before the logon screen even appears. You may need to just update the client's RDP client to allow that level of authentication.

As far as I am aware, yes. It would need to be a GC maybe and will need to be able to contact the SBS 2003 server as well. You will need to adprep the SBS domain before doing so. It will not be able to hold any FSMO roles.

This article answers your questions.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc708131.aspx

It even shows you how to lower the security for RDP clients, if you don't want to effect your current connections to TS.

Comment

Working...
        X