Windows server 2008 recognized as windows vista

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows server 2008 recognized as windows vista

After applying updates server 2008 became windows vista.
    There were a few updates left to apply and after restart that happened.
    When i click on Server Manager it shows me computer management from vista.
    Does anyone knows what could be the problem?
    I would appriciate any help because i have to fix it and that company is very annoying(and i know why).
    Thanks

PS...and roles still work...iis and some other but i cant see them

Re: Windows server 2008 recognized as windows vista

Which updates did you install exactly? We need to know details before we can diagnose something.

What edition and architecture of Windows 2008 does the server run?

An operating system cannot "become" another operating system just like that.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Its windows server 2008x86 standard edition.
      I applyed updates from microsoft update...it was fresh install of server 2008.
      It will be used for wsus and Kaspersky administration kit and nothing else.
      Updates were from Microsoft update site at that time and not from wsus so these are regular updates.
      I restarted computer and after it installed updates there were simptoms i described.
      I installed server 2008 on couple servers in past year and never had a problem like this...i know that some people are moding server 2008 to become workstation but nobody even touched this pc except me.

Comment

Which updates did you install?
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

i will check that when i go again to that customer and will post here..thanks a lot for effort

Comment

Working...
          X