Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows Server 2008 VPN connection is good but I can't map any shared network drive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Server 2008 VPN connection is good but I can't map any shared network drive

Hi,

I've just set up a windows server 2008 that configured with routing and remote access. I can VPN to my corporate network. I can ping local ip in the network. However, I can not map any shared network drive. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Ken

Re: Windows Server 2008 VPN connection is good but I can't map any shared network dri

What happens when you try to map a drive???

When you ping how are you pinging?? Do you use the name or the IP address of the device??

Comment

Re: Windows Server 2008 VPN connection is good but I can't map any shared network dri

Another thing that I haven't mension is that I have no problem remote desktop to the computer in the network.

I ping the local ip address of the file server in the network and have a response.

When I try to map my shared drive on my VPN client pc using:
      \\fileserver ip\sharedfolder

with login= domain\user
      and password = domain user password

After attempting to connect, it said:

The network path \\fileserver ip\sharedfolder could not be found.

Thanks,

Comment

What happens if you use \\fileservername\sharedfolder???

Comment

Or \\fqdn\sharedfolder

What subnet are you using at work and at home?
          Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

I tried:
            \\servername\sharefolder

\\fqdn\sharefolder

and get the same problem.

I'm using 192.168.0.0/16 for both work and home.

Thanks,

Comment

The problem then is that you're using the same subnet at both sites. Change one of them and see if that helps. Long term I would advise migrating the office to a subnet that's not commonly used by "consumer" broadband routers.
              Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Thank you all for your inputs. I found the problems. It was the Symantec Network Threat Protection. When I disable this, everything is fine.

Comment

How many times have we heard that here!
                  cheers
                  Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
                  X