Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .NET Framework 1.1

hi
    i have windows 2003 with iis 6 that has a virtual directory that redirects to a unc path on the network.
    it use .net 1.1
    every thing is working fine
    i want to do the same thing on windows 2008 with iis 7
    the problen is that i need .NET 1.1
    i installed .Net 1.1 according to this article http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/472/h...-windows-2008/
    now every time i browse to this website, the application pool of .NET framework 1.1 stops
    any idea?
    Good Luck

Shai

MCSE 2003+Security;MCSE 2003+Messaging
    HP ASE;HP AIS;HP APS

So, from me to all of you out there, wherever you are, remember:
    the light at the end of the tunnel may be you. Good Day!

Re: .NET Framework 1.1

Check the event logs?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Thanks for the reply

i got some errors like

A listener channel for protocol 'http' in worker process '1536' serving application pool 'ASP.NET 1.1' reported a listener channel failure.

and

A listener channel for protocol 'http' in worker process '7440' serving application pool 'ASP.NET 1.1' reported a listener channel failure.

and

Application pool 'ASP.NET 1.1' is being automatically disabled due to a series of failures in the process(es) serving that application
      Good Luck

Shai

HP ASE;HP AIS;HP APS

Comment

If those are extracts from the Event Logs, could you also post the corresponding Source and Event ID? These are by far the most important details. Probably worth also looking them up at http://www.eventid.net
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Shai, how did you install 1.1? Was it a download or did you use the Windows Update tool? I have had problems previously when I downloaded and installed it. However if I used Windows Update (and then updated it again and again and again) then it worked fine.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Your AppPool [worker process] hasn't started or is crashing which is why you're getting protocol listener errors. There are lots of reasons why the AppPool [worker process] could be crashing.

Make sure that the IIS_IUSRS group has full control of the applicationHost.config file.

If it does, then you should read this blog. It has some tips for troubleshooting 503 errors with IIS7.
            Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

thaks for the replys
              i downloaded the .net 1.1 includes sp1 and hotfix then installed in the 2008 server
              ill check the permissions and let you know guys
              Good Luck

Shai

HP ASE;HP AIS;HP APS

Comment

Working...
              X