No announcement yet.

Remote Desktop Printer in windows 2003

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Desktop Printer in windows 2003

Hello All,

I have setup a windows 2008 terminal Server, Whenever i tried to access it from Windows XP , i am able to connect it. When I print , it is not redirected to mine local printer. I tried to search on GOOGLE but no luck. In one Microsoft article, they said i have to create a registry key which is pointed to some .inf file. but still not able to understand how to do that. Is someone else face this problem ????

I tried this :

Or is any solution for this..

Thanks a lot.

aman dhally
    Last edited by amandhally; 24th December 2008, 07:58.

Re: Remote Desktop Printer in windows 2008

What printer are you using?

Which bits of the technet article are you having problems with -- it looks straightforward enough. You will need an appropriate printer driver (use Vista if there is nothing for Server 2008 ), either 32 or 64 bit depending on your server
    Last edited by biggles77; 24th December 2008, 11:32. Reason: Fix unwanted smilie.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Remote Desktop Printer in windows 2003

Hello Sir,
      Thanks for the reply.

I am using Hp2727 and Hp1018 ..

Re: Remote Desktop Printer in windows 2003

And are the relevant drivers installed on the server? If you look at the event logs on the server, are there any errors about unknown printer drivers?
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.