Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote desktop showing error on Win 2008 Standard

Hi,

We have installed fresh Win 2008 standard edition & Symantec 11 on the new DELL server.
    Remote desktop is enable with option allow computer running any versions.

While doing the remote desktop on win 2008 server from the Win xp or Win 2003 server systems, it show loading profile but in the end it shows error "Because of error in data encryption, this session will end. Please try connecting to the remote computer again."

We had already tried uninstalling as well as only stopping the symantec services.
    Is thee anything else that needs to be done to get it worked?

Thanks
    Svaibh

Re: Remote desktop showing error on Win 2008 Standard

This is a common problem on Windows versions from 2000 onwards and there's a lot of material available through Google. Have a read of http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=323497 and try the reg tweak. It works fine on XP and 2003. Haven't tried it on 2008, but as you're running a fresh install I'm assuming there's nothing crucial on there yet. If there is, I'm sure you have a backup you can restore from if necessary.

As always, standard warnings about modifying the registry apply.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Win 2008 doesn't have the specific keys in the registry mentioned in the link. Also it's clearly mentioned as it applies for the Win xp n Win 2003 based systems.
      Any other option?

Just to update error mentioned below started coming randomly for the Vista system. Mentioned randomly as after 20-30 min of the remote desktop this error comes not like Win XP or Win 2003 system where the error comes in the beginning.
      Last edited by svaibh; 10th December 2008, 15:57. Reason: Adding info

Comment

Did you look here?

Network Issues with Windows Server 2008 RDP and VS/Hyper-V on Dell Servers
        http://www.petri.co.il/network-issue...ll-servers.htm

and here:

Disconnect due to an error in data encryption - Petri.co.il forums by Daniel Petri
        http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?p=98063
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Thanks you sir ....It's done.

It was a Network Issues of Windows Server 2008 RDP for VS/Hyper-V on Dell Servers.

Thanks u very very much...

Comment

Working...
          X