X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Server 2008 TermDD issues

Hi guys

I would like to first greet you all.

Well before I get to my problem I must first say that I find Petri forum great, I'm not too sure if the below issue has been addressed on some other threads.

| Event Log: System, Error
    | Source: TermDD
    | Event ID: 56
    | User: N\A
    | Event Time: 2008/10/21 15:27:11
    |
    | The Terminal Server security layer detected an error in the protocol stream and has disconnected the client

It occurs daily connectivity has been checked and went back check if its a license issue logged a call with microsoft 63 days back no respond so far.

Has anyone faced the same problem and get it resolved on windows server 2008 Treminal server.

Thx,
    Khulekani

Re: Windows Server 2008 TermDD issues

Have you seen this one?
    http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?e...TermDD&phase=1
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Thx Marcel

I will have to revisit all the resolutions we have tried and check if that one is not one of them, if not I will give it a try and give a feed back of my status.

Thx once again for your response

Comment

No problem at all.
        Btw You really help other members out when you respond anyway even if it's fixed
        Marcel
        Technical Consultant
        Netherlands

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE

Comment

Hi Marcel

I have tried to go through the link and tried to get that event they mentioned, and use other links but no luck.

But my question now, is this warning can be related to this issue:

Log Name: System
          Source: Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-Licensing
          Date: 11/12/2008 10:38:02 AM
          Event ID: 4105
          Task Category: None
          Level: Warning
          Keywords: Classic
          User: N/A
          Computer: terminal.domain.local
          Description:
          The Terminal Services license server cannot update the license attributes for user "<username>" in the Active Directory Domain "domain.local". Ensure that the computer account for the license server is a member of Terminal Server License Servers group in Active Directory domain "domain.local".
          If the license server is installed on a domain controller, the Network Service account also needs to be a member of the Terminal Server License Servers group.
          If the license server is installed on a domain controller, after you have added the appropriate accounts to the Terminal Server License Servers group, you must restart the Terminal Services Licensing service to track or report the usage of TS Per User CALs.
          Win32 error code: 0x80070005

Because that's what is filling up the system event logs then TermDD in between.

Thanks,
          Khulekani

Comment

Have you carefully read the error message?
            The Terminal Services license server cannot update the license attributes for user "<username>" in the Active Directory Domain "domain.local". Ensure that the computer account for the license server is a member of Terminal Server License Servers group in Active Directory domain "domain.local".
            Marcel
            Technical Consultant
            Netherlands

Comment

This error can occur if a terminal server receives packets over a Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) connection that it cannot process.

Comment

I have this same issue.(signed up to share) Getting termdd event 52 on the 2008 terminal server daily 2 or 3 times, and end users complaining of disconnects / pauses. Last couple of days it went to 20 times in a few hours and the server stopped responding to terminal sessions for 20 minutes.

Then it recovered, some services had timeout errors.

I was thinking a firewall / antivirus program (trend micro) might be affecting the data so have removed that. And changed some of the network settings ( just TCP/IP 4 now)

Or perhaps a bad printer driver ?

Will see if problem persists tomorrow.

Comment

Log Name: System
                  Source: TermDD
                  Date: 12/8/2008 9:43:12 AM
                  Event ID: 56
                  Task Category: None
                  Level: Error
                  Keywords: Classic
                  User: N/A
                  Computer: 2008TerminalServer.Domain.local
                  Description:
                  The Terminal Server security layer detected an error in the protocol stream and has disconnected the client.

We have 60 users from 12 remote locations accessing our 2008 Enterprise Terminal Server via Cisco routers (VPN) and WinTERM thin clients. Our 2008 Enterprise Terminal Server has 26GB memory and a 40GB page file. A Microsoft technical support case was created due to memory leak conditions which would eventually freeze our Terminal Server. Microsoft released 2 separate fixes (patches) to us that fixed the 'memory leaks'. However, we still experience daily multiple occurrences of TermDD Event ID 56 showing in Event Viewer - System Log. No other information is given.

Working with Microsoft technical support the past 3 weeks, we got the distinct impression that a Service Pack for Windows Server 2008 is badly needed across the board.

Comment

Its not isolated to 2008. I have that error all the time between XP and 2003.

Comment

Working...
                    X