Bulk import from Openldap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulk import from Openldap

I have a openldap server that has been serving up all our accounts and I want to get away from it ASAP. What is the best/easiest way to export all the information and import it into my new 2k8 server?

Now just FYI I have already exported everything out into an LDF file with slapcat. When I try to use the ldifde utilty to import the information it fails on me. Is there something I am missing????

ldifde -i-f filename is what I am doing. Thanks in advance.

Re: Bulk import from Openldap

This is quite interesting, usually the migration flow runs this way (AD -> LDAP).
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Yeah I know we are mainly a windows shop and this area I inherited was put together rather quickly and with open source stuff. I need to bring it into compliance with the rest of the areas I control and this is the last thing I am trying to do. I am not opensource opposed or challenged it just is what is it.

Thanks

Comment

Hi,

Can you post a section of the file you are trying to import with ldifde?

Ta
        Caesar's cipher - 3

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Hmmm and what about a sync
          http://acctsync.sourceforge.net/
          Marcel
          Technical Consultant
          Netherlands
          http://www.phetios.com
          http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
          "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
          "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

I was hoping to import all the users within the ldif file. So let me rephrase this question.....

How do I import all the user accounts from the Openldap server into the AD server I have setup?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by S2roush View Post
              I was hoping to import all the users within the ldif file. So let me rephrase this question.....

How do I import all the user accounts from the Openldap server into the AD server I have setup?

Thanks
              I presume it'll be a way to export all the user details from OpenLDAP into a CSV file and then you can use that information together with CSVDE command to import into AD.
              for more information about CSVDE check this:
              http://www.computerperformance.co.uk...ogon_CSVDE.htm

Thanks
              Caesar's cipher - 3

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

For what it's worth, you'll have to remove all the comments made by slapcat from the LDF file first. And each record must be closed by a line containing just one dash "-" followed by a empty line. Also the last record.

What is the error number and description the ldifde utilty returns?

\Rems

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
                and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Originally posted by Rems View Post
                  For what it's worth, you'll have to remove all the comments made by slapcat from the LDF file first. And each record must be closed by a line containing just one dash "-" followed by a empty line. Also the last record.

What is the error number and description the ldifde utilty returns?

\Rems
                  I'll have to get it to you tomorrow. I am heading out from work to vote. Yeah Democracy.

Comment

Working...
                  X