Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB port block policy not propogating to all machines in AD

Hi,

I have applied a GP for blocking USB port to the machines in domain.The .ADM file is being taken up by the same site and applied in my domain.
    Strange thing is when i do GPRESULT i can see the policy applied in the domain but the port is not blocked.
    This is happening to few machines in the domain.But some other machines are having the policy enforced.

Regards
    Akram

Re: USB port block policy not propogating to all machines in AD

More information required. What operating systems do the workstations run? Are they all in the same OU? What do the event logs say on the machines where the USB ports aren't blocked?

When you say "block USB port" do you mean disable USB storage?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Re: USB port block policy not propogating to all machines in AD

Have you rebooted the machines in question. In most cases a GPO setting in the Computer Configuration requires a reboot (sometimes two).

Comment

Working...
      X